Camp Ta-Kum-Ta is currently seeking a full-time Events Coordinator & Program Assistant to oversee events and support Camp’s year-round programs for children with cancer and their families. Applicants must have event planning experience and excellent communication & administrative skills. Proficiency in multi-tasking is a must in this position. Many nights and weekends are required. EOE.
Please send resume and cover letter by February 27th to firstname.lastname@example.org
Events Coordinator & Program Assistant
The Events Coordinator & Program Assistant is responsible for overseeing Camp Ta-Kum-Ta’s events and supporting Camp Ta-Kum-Ta’s year-round programs for children with cancer and their families. The Events Coordinator & Program Assistant is responsible for coordinating all aspects of our internal and external events. This position will also support camper and family registration and volunteer applications for TKT’s programs, as well as supporting the administration portion of our programs.
Essential Job Functions:
- Coordinate all aspects of Camp’s internal events: sponsors, logistics, participants, volunteers, signage, invites, silent auction items/raffle items, etc.
- Coordinate all aspects of Camp’s external events: Event agreement, camp representation, materials at the event, volunteers, promotion, etc.
- Cultivate relationships throughout the year with event sponsors, participants, and organizers
- Write and distribute press releases for programs
- Distribute program flyers
- Coordinate follow-up information for program participants (to include thank yous and lost & found, etc.)
- Assist Program Manager and Executive Director by serving as a liaison with Vermont Children’s Hospital to recruit campers, coordinate/plan programs, and to assure appropriate medical coverage at camp programs.
- Serve on committees as required and appropriate.
- Assist with the volunteer application process (references, interviews, background checks, and medical info).
- Assist with camper registration. To include: contacting families to invite them to programs, follow-up on incomplete registrations (to include medical info), etc.
- Maintain accurate camper and volunteer records in Camp Brain and CampDoc
- Order and organize supplies and equipment to support programs.
- Obtain and maintain HIPAA certification.
- Coordinate the content for brochures, the Annual “Friends of TKT” newsletter and the annual yearbook.
- Assist with Camp’s social media sites (Instagram, Facebook, Blog) and post as necessary
- Create and maintain a professional work environment that emphasizes teamwork and ensures respect and recognition for each employee’s and each volunteer’s contribution to the organization’s success.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Excellent communication skills-both written and spoken, problem solving skills and people skills
- Organization and attention to detail is mandatory
- The position requires strong computer skills, including database management and Microsoft Office functions.
- Ability to treat people of all abilities with respect and integrity
- Experience in event planning and fundraising
- Candidate must possess excellent organizational skills, a sincere interest in managing administrative details required for multiple programs, and a desire to work as part of a team.
- Ability to work multiple week nights and weekends, as required
- Must be able to perform all required job tasks in a climate controlled office and outdoors exposed to changing weather conditions
For more information contact:
Hattie Johnson at 802-372-5863, email@example.com